Saturday 1 July 2017

Decopatch Rudolph

Morning Folks!
Yipppee, it's the weekend!
We have a new challenge over at SPARKLES CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE today and the theme is:

CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS

We'd like to see decorations on your makes or you could make a decoration.

I've tried something crafty that I've never done before - decopatch. I saw this being done at a craft fair before Christmas last year, bought all the stuff needed and then ran out of time. So here better late than never and appropriate for this challenge is Rudolph:




I had great fun making this, it's very relaxing just sticking the little bits of paper on - it reminded me of doing paper mache as a kid! I really like the way this came out, it's hard to see in the photo but the paper has a metallic hint about it and this looks a bit bronze like. I think it might make a nice table ornament. I debated for ages about adding eyes but I just didn't have the right thing, googly eyes are not the way to go. I might add something later but for now he is CAS!

Please click the piccy below to visit the main blog
and see the inspiration from the rest of the design team! You have a whole month to join us, we'd love to see what you make! 



Thank you so much for visiting today and for any comments you're kind enough to leave xx

5 comments:

  1. Your Rudolf is gorgeous he looks very dapper and stood very proud. Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacky, I think Rudolph is a perfect ornament and you did a wonderful job creating him. Isn't it fun creating things that remind us of our childhood. A very nice ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative take on our Sparkles challenge... and such a fabulous Christmas decoration! So glad you finally got around to that kit of yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jacky I am loving your ornament. Looks so effective. I didn't realise it was decopatching. Would love to try it sometime soon. One day maybe. You've inspired me. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!