Saturday 20 February 2016

Sparkly Swallowtail

Hi Everyone!
Hope you have something fun planned for the weekend, I have been on half term this week - yay!! I've not managed to do too much crafting though, I've been painting on a larger scale - the dining room is getting a fresh lick of paint! Hoping to get it finished later today, why is it these jobs always seem to take twice as long as I expect? TV makeovers can manage the whole room in 2 days .... maybe a need a magic roller or some different paint!!

The new challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week is quite decorative too - Glitter and Sparkle. Somehow everytime I use glitter I always seem to be wearing it and finding it around for days!! I made this card for my boss - bet you can't guess her favourite colour!! The gorgeous stamp is by Stampin Up and is probably the largest stamp I own. In real life this is quite sparkly, the butterfly has lots of Wink of Stella on the wings but my camera just makes it grey looking ;-( 
The ribbon is also quite sparkly and the scrap of background paper has a nice sheen. Wish I had managed to take a few better pics of the card before I had to give it away!! A sideways shot would have been good so that you could see the different layers on the butterfly, still too late now but at least my boss loved it!! 

Thanks for popping by today! 
As usual I can't resist joining in with a few challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More - A/G
ABC Challenge - B is for .... Butterfly
Dream Valley Challenges - Sparkle, bling and Embellish
and Bunny Zoe's Craft Challenge - Things with Wings

Edited to add:

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Jacky, good luck with the painting. Have a wonderful weekend!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. The butterfly is gorgeous and I love the colour. Hope you get your painting finished! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! What a fabulous stamp, lovely colours and design too!
    Chris
    PS Hope the painting is going well!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous butterfly, and I love the script in the background! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card, gorgeous butterfly image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous image and a lovely card design. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, love the colour. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Dream Valley.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful Jacky. This is such a striking and gorgeous design. The script design is gorgeous and the large butterfly so beautiful. Love it. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really LOVE this card!!! Even without being able to see the shimmer and glitter, it's gorgeous!!! You deserve a raise for giving your boss such a beauty :) Thanks for joining us at ATSM for our ATG challenge :)
    Susan DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous butterfly, Jacky! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on winning at Bunny Zoe's Jacky. Lovely to see your beautiful card pop up there as the winner. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!